REPAIR OR CALIBRATION SERVICES FOR LEADER PRODUCTS
Thanks to the strict quality standards that our factory follows in Japan, Leader Instruments Corporation is proud to say that the percentage of units sent back for repairs is very small. However, there are instances when our customers need to send their units for service. This should not be a major headache for you and we are here to help. Here are some simple steps to follow:
THE FOLLOWING STEPS ONLY APPLY TO CUSTOMERS IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA.
FOR CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.LEADEREUROPE.COM
FOR CUSTOMERS IN LATIN AMERICA, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE HTTP://ESPAÑOL.LEADERAMERICA.COM
STEPS TO REQUEST SERVICE FOR A LEADER PRODUCT:
1) Contact our Service Center first to determine if there is a quick symptom/solution to the problem you are experiencing with your LEADER product. Our phone number is (800) 645-5104 or +1 (714) 527-9300 between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time). Our email address is Service@leaderamerica.com
2) If, after your call, you decide to send the unit to our Service Center for evaluation, you will need to fill out the form below. Be aware that there is a US$100 (non-refundable) evaluation fee for out-of-warranty products. This fee is subtracted from the final repair cost, if you decide to have the unit repaired with us.
3) Once you fill out the Repair or Calibration Request form and submit it, an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number will be issued automatically and a confirmation email will be sent to you. Please print one copy of this email and include it with the product(s) to ship.
4) Effective March 1st 2015, you may ship the product(s) to:
LEADER INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION
New York Service Center
127 Wicks Path
Commack, NY 11725
– Don’t forget to include the email with the RMA number in the shipment
Products returned to our Service Center for repair or calibration must be packed and boxed properly to avoid damage during transit. LEADER INSTRUMENTS CORP. is NOT responsible for damages caused to the unit while in transit. We recommend that you insure your shipment in case of damage or loss. All shipments must be returned freight pre-paid. LEADER INSTRUMENTS CORP. does NOT accept COD shipments. All international duty and fees must be paid by the sender.
5) Once your shipment is received, our Technical Support Engineer will evaluate the condition of your unit(s) and may contact you for additional information.
6) Based on this first evaluation, a representative from our company will contact you to inform you of the estimated cost and obtain your approval to repair the unit(s) or not. Unfortunately, at that moment, we cannot give you a final cost of the repair as there might be some unforeseen damage not noticed during this first evaluation.
7) If your unit requires calibration, please ask us about the standard calibration fee. All calibrations are traceable to the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). Calibrations can only be performed with data, available for a reasonable price.